This year we will be restoring the historic Collie Creek Trail, a key connection to bypass the forest service road on the hike into the Blaeberry River valley in Section D. This is the second trip this summer. It is currently full but contact us if you are interested in being put on the waiting list or are interested in our other trips. Come join us in the mountains, build trail, sleep under the stars and be inspired!
- DATES: June 22 to 27, 2022
- SIZE: 15 people
- CAMP SET-UP: Kitchen & dining shelters, fire pit & latrine.
- FOOD: Volunteers will bring & cook their own food.
- REQUIREMENTS: Trail building experience is not required, but volunteers should have experience backcountry camping and hiking. Chainsaw experience and certification highly desirable.
- The GDTA will not be organizing carpooling this year due to the pandemic so volunteers will have to arrange their own rides to the trailhead.
- The GDTA will provide all trail maintenance tools, training, and safety orientation for all trips. See our Volunteer Guide for more information.
- COST: Free for GDTA Members
Due to the ongoing COVD-19 pandemic, we have updated our COVID-19 Rapid Response Plan and Operating Procedures in accordance with government health guidelines. The health and safety of our volunteers are most important so before making your decision to volunteer, please review the document and let us know if you have any questions.