This year we will be holding 7 trail building trips on the High Rock Trail (HRT) in June and July, as we prepare for the official opening of the HRT this summer! We are excited to have our Signature Trip back this year for the first time in 3 years, with this trip :>)
- DATES: July 18 to 22, 2022
- SIZE: 20 people
- ENHANCED CAMP SET-UP: Camp kitchen (including stoves and BBQ), fire pit, solar shower & latrine.
- FOOD: All food is included, prepared by our head chef and a team of assistants (all volunteers take turns helping out in the kitchen).
- REQUIREMENTS: Trail building experience is not required, but volunteers should have experience backcountry camping and hiking.
- The GDTA will not be organizing carpooling this year due to the pandemic so volunteers will have to arrange their own rides to the trailhead.
- The GDTA will provide all trail maintenance tools, training, and safety orientation for all trips. See our Volunteer Guide for more information.
- COST: $150 for GDTA Members
Due to the ongoing COVD-19 pandemic, we have updated our COVID-19 Rapid Response Plan and Operating Procedures in accordance with government health guidelines. The health and safety of our volunteers are most important so before making your decision to volunteer, please review the document and let us know if you have any questions.
Contact us if you are interested in participating in this July 18 to 22, 2022 Trail Building Trip #7. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Come join us in the mountains, build trail, sleep under the stars and be inspired!