This year we will bridge the Oldman River crossing on a GDT stretch that follows the Original GDT. This trip is the ninth trip this summer.
- DATES: July 28 to August 1, 2022
- SIZE: 10 people
- CAMP SET-UP: Kitchen & dining shelters, fire pit & latrine.
- FOOD: Volunteers will bring & cook their own food.
- REQUIREMENTS: Trail building experience is not required. Because this trip involves bridge building, wood construction experience is desirable. Volunteers should have experience backcountry camping and hiking.
- The GDTA will not be organizing carpooling this year due to the pandemic so volunteers will have to arrange their own rides to the trailhead.
- The GDTA will provide all trail maintenance tools, training, and safety orientation for all trips. See our Volunteer Guide for more information.
- COST: Free for GDTA Members
Due to the ongoing COVD-19 pandemic, we have updated our COVID-19 Rapid Response Plan and Operating Procedures in accordance with government health guidelines. The health and safety of our volunteers are most important so before making your decision to volunteer, please review the document and let us know if you have any questions.
Contact us if you are interested in participating in this July 28 to August 1, 2022 Trail Building Trip #9. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Come join us in the mountains, build trail, sleep under the stars and be inspired!