This edition of the Pathfinder Newsletter includes articles showcasing adventures on the GDT, accomplishments this year, volunteer recognition, special interest topics, useful advice, and the highly acclaimed “Tales from the Great Divide, 2nd Edition” Enjoy!
- 2021 GDTA Annual Report: It’s amazing what we’ve achieved this year!
- 2021 GDTA Volunteer Recognition Awards: A big shout out to our 2021 Volunteer Recognition Award winners.
- GDTA Trail Building and Maintenance Trips 2021: Video and summary of this year’s trips written by the volunteers themselves!
- Adopt a Trail Program: A new trail crew program focussed on trail condition reporting while hiking a section of the GDT.
- Thru Hiking the Great Divide Trail with a Baby: Yes, it can be done. It’s a family affair now 🙂
- Reflections from the GDT FKT: Insights into setting a GDT Fastest Known Time (FKT).
- Hiking Saskatchewan Crossing to Field, SOBO: Section D hiking in all its glory. No seriously!
- Solving the Conifer Conundrum: An engaging guide to the evergreen needle trees of the GDT.
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Hiking the Great Divide Trail: Advice to help set expectations for the GDT hiking challenge.
- First Impressions of the Second Edition of “Tales from the Great Divide“ See what readers are saying about this delightful history of the GDT and GDTA.
- Her Odyssey: AGM Presentation: Hear from Fidgit and Neon as they discuss their continued odyssey, this time on the GDT.
If you have questions or comments about the newsletter, or would like to publish an article or event in a future newsletter, please email us at email@example.com