This edition of the Pathfinder Newsletter includes articles showcasing GDT hiking, information to help plan your 2020 summer on the GDT – hiking and/or volunteering, plans and goals for the GDT’s future, and an upcoming event announcement. Enjoy!
- Trail Building & Maintenance Trips – Call for Volunteers: Trip dates for 2020 are now available and we need you!
- Winter on the GDT – Assiniboine Escape: A peek into the winter experience on the GDT.
- National Park Reservations Are Open: Book backcountry campgrounds for your 2020 GDT hike now.
- Upcoming Event – A Decade on the Divide: Come support the GDT and enjoy a presentation by Paul Zizka and socializing with fellow GDTA members.
- GDTA Board Strategy Session: A focus on the GDTA’s strategy and goals begins, as the new decade starts.
- How to Avoid Road Walking on the GDT: Several new and improved alternate routes eliminate road walk stretches along the GDT.
- Blazing the Trail: A look at the blazes and other markers guiding the way on the GDT.
- Maligne River Swim Adventure: Walk through a swift high water river crossing, successfully and unsuccessfully, for greater understanding to tackle river fords.
- 2019 Thru-Hike Videos: Gorgeous entertainment for the long winter months.
- Tales From The Great Divide, Second Edition: Launch announcement for the second edition of this wonderful book.