This edition of the Pathfinder Newsletter includes a few key announcements, and articles showcasing adventures on the GDT, accomplishments this year, volunteer recognition, trail crew fun, event reports, and special interest topics. Enjoy!
- 2022 GDTA Annual Report: It’s amazing what we’ve achieved this year!
- 2022 GDTA Volunteer Recognition Awards: A big shout out to our 2022 Volunteer Recognition Award winners.
- GDTA Trail Building and Maintenance Trips 2022: A look at this summer’s trail crew trips.
- 2022 AGM Summary and Introduction to New Board Members: News from the GDTA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- High Rock Trail Opening: Celebrating the official opening of the HRT.
- Thor’s Pioneering Proposal: 1960s origins of the Great Divide Trail.
- Granny Gets High in Kakwa: Almost 80, Let’s GO!, Section G!, Kakwa!
- Section A: Barnaby Ridge Alternate: An exciting solo adventure on the Great Divide ridges of Section A.
- The Trail Crew Experience: Coming from across the Atlantic, what would the trail crew, the GDT, and Canada be like?
- Conifer Cornucopia: Why were there so many cones this year?
- Draft Update on the GDTA Trail Users Code: The historical Users Code is being modernized. Suggestions are appreciated.
- Oldman River Headwaters Quiz: Fun facts on Oldman River’s sources.
GDT Logo Merchandise
Now Available Online
It is with great pleasure that we announce GearTrade‘s online GDT Store. GearTrade, one of the GDTA’s corporate supporters, has recently added a GDT Logo Merchandise product line.
Although starting small with stickers, patches, and buffs, this product line is set to expand over the coming months. Check it out at the SHOP button in the upper right of all GDTA webpages. Visit it regularly to watch for new items appearing.
Proceeds from the sale of all GDT Logo Merchandise at Geartrade, go to the GDTA to help protect, promote, and maintain the Great Divide Trail.
GearTrade was founded in 2012 in Okotoks, Alberta by an outdoor enthusiast and entrepreneur who saw a need for an outdoor gear marketplace. Over the years, this local business has flourished with online sales throughout North America.
“However, it is still the little touches, customer service, and professional advice that matter most to us. We strive to take the time needed to make sure our customers walk away with the right product for their next adventure.” — GearTrade
Save the Dates – Autumn Events
November 4-6 – Banff Film Festival
We will have a booth at the Banff Film Festival. Details here. Come, swing by, say “Hi” and catch up on the latest news with the GDTA. Location: Banff.
December – 3rd Annual Trail Supporter Campaign
Join us in enabling 2023 GDT projects – trails to clear, bridges to build, willows to whack, and other exciting key projects in the plans, by remembering the GDTA in your Holiday Season gifts.