This edition of the Pathfinder Newsletter includes articles showcasing GDT and other wilderness adventures, information to help (re)plan your 2020 summer on the Great Divide – hiking and/or volunteering, announcements, conditions, GDT literature news, and general interest articles. Enjoy!
- GDTA COVID-19 Update: An important message from the GDTA regarding the COVID-19 situation.
- Trail Building and Maintenance Trips Update: COVID-19 is not stopping trail work. Modified trips have been planned to safely continue.
- Trail Conditions Update: Notices and links about current trail conditions.
- The GDT: Its History, Its Founders, Its First Hilarious Book: A glimpse into how the GDT happened.
- GDTA Charitable Status: Exciting announcement on the GDTA’s status, what it means, and how donations are used.
- Trip Report: 3 Weeks, 300 km in as-sin-wati, Part 1: Hiking Section C with a special message.
- This Summer, Hug a Tree and Listen to the Plants: Trail routing tips from the plants.
- Gone Batty: Bats can be somewhat disruptive to normal daily life.
- Her Odyssey: Introduction: From the southern tip of South America to the Arctic Ocean.