This edition of the Pathfinder Newsletter includes important announcements, and information to help plan your 2023 summer on the GDT – hiking and/or volunteering, a report on the recent Film Fundraiser, an adventure story on the GDT, a second installment of our nascent Food Column, special interest topics, and a fun excerpt from the highly acclaimed “Tales from the Great Divide, 2nd Edition“. Enjoy!
- 2023 Trail Building & Maintenance Trips – Update: Trail crew trip dates and other info for 2023. Come join the fun!
- Trail Conditions Update: Notices and links about current trail conditions.
- Great Divide Trail Film Fundraiser: A highly successful GDTA fundraiser featuring a premiere film viewing and other activities.
- Berry Nice: A very detailed, fascinating and useful guide to the many types of berries along the GDT.
- Rowe Alternate Fun: Bluebird days and good friends share the glorious Rowe Alternate experience.
- Getting to Know Geartrade: The local entrepreneurs behind the GDTA merchandise store.
- What DID You Eat While On the Trail Back in 1974? Trail meals have come a long way since 1974 – Thank goodness!
- Cold Soaked Couscous Salad: This 2nd installment of our Food Column brings a tasty, refreshing lunch option for those hot summer days.
- GDTA Spring 2023 Webinars: Webinar panels featuring trip planning, risk management, and training experts.
|New this Summer!|
Blueberry Creek Trailhead Resupply
Hiking the remote Section G? The GDTA is excited to announce a new resupply service around the midpoint of Section G, at the Blueberry Creek Trailhead. Get all the details here.
Calgary – Waterton – Crowsnest Shuttle
Trying to find a ride to Waterton to start the GDT? The GDTA is happy to announce a new shuttle service – Crowsnest Pass based Chantel Beven’s business. Details of this shuttle service and other GDT access solutions are here.
|Save the Date – Upcoming Events September 24, 2023 – Annual General Meeting (AGM)|
More information here.
Location: Calgary and Virtual on Zoom